Hello. We are ShipHero (https://shiphero.com). We have built a software platform entrusted by hundreds of ecommerce companies, large and small to run their operations and we continue to grow. About US$5 billion of ecommerce orders are shipped a year via ShipHero. Our customers sell on Shopify, Amazon, Etsy, Ebay, WooCommerce, BigCommerce and many other platforms. We’re driven to help our customers grow their businesses by providing a platform that solves complex problems, and is engineered to be reliable and fast. We are obsessed with building great technology, that is beautiful, easy to use and is loved by our customers. Our culture also reflects our ethos and belief that by bringing passionate, talented and great people together - you can do great things.
Our team is fully remote, with most of our engineers currently spread over the Americas but have been building out teams in Europe as well. We communicate regularly using video chat and Slack, and put a strong emphasis on asynchronous work so people have large chunks of uninterrupted time to focus and do deep work.
Making sure you and the rest of the company are able to focus while being at work is really important to us. You can read our internal guide on how we communicate from our website: https://shiphero.com/careers/c...
About the role
- Work on existing and new analytical features related to our applications (e.g. demand forecasting, business metrics, data visualization).
- Incorporate various statistical modeling, AI and machine learning technologies into the company stack to improve our data analysis and business decision making capabilities.
- Review features and requirements, design and implement solutions together with our data engineers, data scientists, developers and designers.
- You understand that great things are accomplished when teams work together
- You’ve made a lot of mistakes, and most importantly, have learned from them.
- You are very comfortable with Python.
- You are experienced in computational statistics, numerical optimization and understand the tradeoffs between different modeling approaches.
- You can apply machine learning techniques when appropriate.
- Experience with collecting business metrics and data visualization tools.
- You are always eager to learn more and love to try out new solutions on your own.
- Ability to express to other stakeholders what’s important and what’s urgent, so it can be prioritized along with competing priorities.
- Experience with any of the AWS data ecosystem is also appreciated
- Competence in spoken and written English.
- $2.500 so you can buy any equipment you need to be happy at your job
- 20 days paid vacation + new year & Christmas
- Conference days don't count against your vacation days, we want you to stay up-to-date
- We will pay for courses & conferences, if you learn we all learn
- Salary range is $72.000 - $120.000 / year depending on experience and location