Hello. We are ShipHero (https://shiphero.com). We have built a software platform entrusted by hundreds of ecommerce companies, large and small to run their operations and we continue to grow. About US$5 billion of ecommerce orders are shipped a year via ShipHero. Our customers sell on Shopify, Amazon, Etsy, Ebay, WooCommerce, BigCommerce and many other platforms. We’re driven to help our customers grow their businesses by providing a platform that solves complex problems, and is engineered to be reliable and fast. We are obsessed with building great technology, that is beautiful, easy to use and is loved by our customers. Our culture also reflects our ethos and belief that by bringing passionate, talented and great people together - you can do great things.
Our team is fully remote, with most of our engineers currently spread over the Americas but have been building out teams in Europe as well. We communicate regularly using video chat and Slack, and put a strong emphasis on asynchronous work so people have large chunks of uninterrupted time to focus and do deep work.
Making sure you and the rest of the company are able to focus while being at work is really important to us. You can read our internal guide on how we communicate from our website: https://shiphero.com/careers/c...
- You understand that great things are accomplished when teams work together.
- You’ve made mistakes, and most importantly, have learned from them.
- You can code review other team members work and provide assistance and appreciate feedback.
- You understand the importance of implement tests and CI practices.
- 2+ years of experience writing Python
- Work on a cross-functional team including front end and UX to build solutions that are easy for customers to understand, work consistently and scale well.
- Review requirements and implement solutions.
- Understand business requirements and think through solutions in terms of not just the coding implementation but also how the solution fits into the solution and how it solves a customer need.
- Ability to estimate effort and ship on agreed schedule.
- Perform regular code reviews, with the goal of code quality, good design and approach along with pushing engineers to improve and evolve.
- Implement solutions that are pragmatic to get the platform built.
- Have the confidence to work with experienced and talented people to just build great things.
- $2.500 so you can buy any equipment you need to be happy at your job
- 20 days paid vacation + new year & Christmas
- Conference days don't count against your vacation days, we want you to stay up-to-date
- We will pay for courses & conferences, if you learn we all learn
- Salary range is $60.000 - $90.000 / year depending on experience and location